Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I'm so excited!

Even though this will be the fourth time (third for Brian, God bless him) I've seen James Taylor, I can't wait until 8 pm! I've seen him with my brother Don back in 1979; Bri in '82 before we were married; and then with Bri and Sean in '97. Those concerts were at the Mann Music Center in Philly-partially indoors with lawn seating too. Tonight should be like a private concert (well almost) as it's just JT and his keyboard player. I'll update this post later.
Update-We had a nice evening with James even though the traffic on 69th St near the Tower Theater was stalled for about 15 minutes and I thought for sure we'd be late. He didn't come on stage until 8:20 anyway. I had a clear view of him for about 45 minutes until the couple in front of us showed up. Then it was hard to see as the guy had his arm around his girlfriend and invaded my personal space-so I moved over. I guess we were about 75-80 feet from the stage.
It was a nice chat, show some photos on a big screen and sing about what he just talked about kind of show. He opened with 'Something in the Way She Moves'. He brought this contraption out that was a computer programmed drum set basically (I read in a review that he had built it himself!). He sang a song 'Slap Leather' through a bullhorn-too funny! I liked when he showed a short video of his nephew James as a tyke before he sang the song he wrote for him called 'Sweet Baby James'. People think that's JT's nickname.
James had a video of the chorus that his wife Kim is in and he sang along to 'Shower the People' and 'Traveling Star' with them. When he was on 'Saturday Night Live' many years ago, he sang along to a reel to reel tape recorder (of famous singers at the time) to 'Shower the People'.
We scooted out before he sang his second encore which I think was 'You Close Your Eyes'. The area where the theater is located is a little run down now, so we got ahead of the mass of people and got home by 11:45 even after stopping for milk and bread.

My mom is having cataract surgery at the beginning of December. Yesterday was the day she had all the drops put in her eyes, not the day I went with her. She had to sit a while afterwards, but she found her way to the mall where she purchased Sean some birthday gifts. That guy is so hard to buy for! I have a few things for him-some coming in the mail. I hope the shirt will be the correct size. Not sure if the size pull-down menu even recorded the correct size. Guess I'll find out in a few days.

I had Jehovah's Witness people ring my doorbell twice before 10 this morning. I'm not dressed as I have to shower, but that's a great way to get them moving on their way. They haven't been on my front step in years.

It's a rainy day here too-drats! I hope it clears a bit by the time we have to leave.

5comments:

  • At 2:23 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Oh, Dianne, I'm excited for you!! Wow - have FUN!!!!

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Blogger Annemarie said…

    I hope you have fun Dianne. And you actually scared Jehova's Witnesses away because you weren't dressed? Does that work? Thanks for the tip!

     
  • At 6:31 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    Dianne,
    I hope you are having a wonderful evening at the concert.

    My Dad had cataract surgery on both eyes this summer. It's amazing how good he can see now. He does not even need glasses (he's 71).

     
  • At 9:57 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    I hope you're having an amazing time at the concert...can't wait to hear all about it!! My mom has cataracts but they're not ready to be operated on yet...hope all goes well for your mom!!

     
  • At 1:29 AM, Blogger Rachael said…

    The concert sounds like it was wonderful. I am so glad you had a good time!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS