Sunday, October 08, 2006

Zippy weekend

The hours just flew by! I was a wee bit tired from all the walking I did on Friday and Saturday. We must have walked a good mile or so to the gym last night. The mall we went to on Saturday-King of Prussia, use to be the biggest mall on the east coast. We walked through one half and some of another (there's the court and the plaza). They have almost the same stores in both halves. Does that make sense? I forgot to tell you we ate at 'The Cheesecake Factory'. We both got pasta for dinner that was 'so-so'. We got chocolate coconut cheesecake to bring home-that was delicious. Guess I'd just go there for dessert or a light lunch and dessert! ; )
I took advantage of being a little tired and worked on a cross stitch round robin this morning (Sat) while watching a few episodes of 'Six Feet Under' which is on Bravo now. It's a good show-some 'eww' scenes, but I like the characters especially Nate, played by hunky Peter Krause.
I also tossed a corned beef brisket on the stove and went outside to begin the fall clean-up of all the decorations scattered around the various gardens. I started with the pond-cleaned out some leaves and algae and covered it over. Gathered all the fake froggies and things to put away for the season. I don't care for last minute rushes when I hear that there may be a frost. Not that any is expected soon. The impatiens are giving their final bow of the year-so bushy and colorful. I have vibrate orange ones in the front windowbox. I also broke off some white hydrageas that have a hint of green and pink throughout the white. I hope they dry nicely.
Sean was studying for a big Psychology test and both he and his dad were rooting on the Eagles against Dallas-they won! Sean did take some online quizzes, so I hope that helped him.
The corned beef was a bit fatty, but the carrots and potatoes cooked in the same water were yummy. I also made some 'lowfat' brownies. I could taste the fake sweetness of them.
Guess I'll watch Iron Chef for a bit before hitting the hay.

1comments:

  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    Certainly does sound like you had a busy weekend! Today I plan on putting away all my garden ornaments and cleaning out some of my planters and flowerbeds. Today is our Thanksgiving but we celebrated yesterday so today I'll spend outside:-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS