Monday, October 09, 2006

Rainbow

Brian saw this pretty 'rainbow' prism on the ceiling of the kitchen yesterday. He said, "do you want to post this to your blog?" Ok Bri, here it is (the light was shining through a clear crystal perfume bottle my mom had given me).


Could you say a little prayer for my friend Lisa who just lost her dad this past Friday morning? He had a heart attack at the age of 54. She wrote on both her MySpace and Tribe page to plead for people to stop smoking if you do or ask your loved ones to stop. Her dad smoked since age 14!
My childhood friend Chris' mom just had heart surgery because she had damaged her heart from smoking. The doctor told Chris if his mom Barbara smokes one more cigarette, that will be the end of her. She was able to have less life-threatening surgery, so I hope that was a wake up call for her.
A man who worked in a store down the road from here was always outside smoking. He 'had' a very ruddy complexion and I knew he wouldn't be around long. We read his obituary in the paper-he was about 55.

4comments:

  • At 3:51 PM, Blogger Annemarie said…

    I'm sorry to hear about all these tragic deaths. My aunt was 63. Despite having had a big heart surgery, she just couldn't give up smoking either...

     
  • At 2:48 AM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    It just amazes me when I see people smoking, even when the health risks are so well known. I am sorry for the recent losses among your friends and neighbors.

     
  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    I am so sorry to hear of your friend's loss.

    Tell Brian his is very pretty.

    Isn't it nice he takes an interest in your blog?

     
  • At 8:49 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    I love the way prisms will reflect such pretty rainbow colours on a wall or ceiling:-) My heart goes out to your friend, it's never easy losing a loved one. I lost my dad to cancer at age 48 and he smoked from the time he was 11 years old until he died:-(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS