Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Visiting mom

It's been a good 3 weeks since I've been down to see my mom. It's not that I don't think about her and want to help her, but I have stuff to do around here. Obviously she is doing stuff at her house as she has a mish mash of many piles of things all over the downstairs. To help her tidy would take several days. It's not like I don't have clippings and books of my own to go through. ; )
I wasn't really up to going because of my tummy and sinuses. I think the post-nasal upsets my tummy too. We went to one of our favorite restaurants for lunch and mom treated me to my favorite there-chicken salad (club style)-I can always eat that. She had crab cakes. We headed to a few stores to do a bit of shopping (this is one reason I don't see her as much as I should-she makes me want to shop!) I did buy a new bed pillow. I think my head was sinking so far into my old one that I had a dream someone was holding my face in their hands-that was so weird! I got a pretty fabric covered box for my cooking magazine overflow. We then headed to Joann's so I could get some fall decorations. I won't tell you what I got, I'll show you as soon as it goes up. : ) I stopped at 'Borders' on the way home and got the Just Cross stitch Christmas ornament issue-there are some cute designs this year.
I got home to a greasy pizza-so I ate the 4th quarter of my sammie instead. Then watched 'The Biggest Loser'. I swear if I exercised more I'd lose weight. It's just really hard for me as I usually hurt myself when I get into a program. I'm still thinking about 'Curves'.
Tomorrow-back to the tidying up.
Did anyone catch the new 'Rachael Ray' show? I really like her better on her Food Network shows. I think she needs more guests to help her fill the hour.

2comments:

  • At 12:20 AM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    Glad you had a good visit with your mom...when I had lunch with mine yesterday, I hadn't seen her since her party on Sept 3rd! Can't wait to see pictures of your new Autumn decorations:-) I've never watched Rachel Ray so have no idea of her new show!

     
  • At 12:56 AM, Blogger Von said…

    It's nice that you can see your mom so often. Enjoy each other as long as you can!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS