Friday, September 15, 2006

Stinky stuff-part 2

Coat #2. One of my pull backs broke (don't buy plastic ones), so we will try to Super glue that or I have to get new ones. I may add another coat to the bottom where it will take a lot of wear and tear from Mr Cosmo. I have to clean up the stain that got on the window part-actually it's not that bad. I realized the edges against the wall need stain too-can't leave any bare wood showing!

I got ambitious and did the garden window in the kitchen (Bri did a wee bit on the left side-whoopie)! I barely reached the inside, but got some stain on it. I liked it before, I love it know. Not happy with the old sill in the front there. The water marks from plants turned black when I applied the new stain. I am thinking about getting some 3" tiles to line up there to match what's on the wall (my project from a few months ago). I see a light at the end of the tunnel now-down to one more coat up there and that wall of tin over my baking center counter. I can then concentrate on cleaning up my bedrooms!

3comments:

  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger PEA said…

    I think you've done a fabulous job with the staining and I also think you have a good idea of putting down tiles on the ledge where the water stains are! Tiles are so easy to install now...I should know, installed 250 of them last week! lol

     
  • At 12:34 AM, Blogger Von said…

    You're on a roll, Dianne! Great job. :D

     
  • At 6:47 AM, Blogger Barbara said…

    Wow, Dianne, you'll be ready to host(ess) your own House Invaders show! This looks great!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS