Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Home Improvement-chapter 568

It sure feels like I will never get done. Yesterday I tried to keep busy, so I painted around the new bay window with paint that matched the old paint almost perfectly. I had to do this because the carpenters used smaller trim around the window. I decided to give the entire wall a fresh coat. I went as far as the front door on one side and my curio cabinet on the other. I will get to the rest of that wall some other time. I also painted the entire small wall where we removed the phone jack and Bri covered up the hole that was left. I must say that my stitching experience definitely helped me to match that paint up well. It's from a different paint company than the original nine year old paint.
I also sanded the wood on the front window and used the painter's tape so the stain won't get on the window part.
I got up today-no way could I stain wood-too achy from the painting yesterday! So I gathered up things that needed mailing and went to the post office. I also went to Big Lots and walked around there, but I was dragging my feet! The store is a bit messy-you can tell Sean doesn't work there anymore! ; )
I started yet another cross stitch project-a sequence of three of a kitty chasing a froggie! I have about 5 works in progress now! Off to do some stitching soon. : )

2comments:

  • At 8:12 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    Ugh, don't mention painting! lol It will take me a month to recover from the painting I did at Steve's! That tape is fantastic...I used it when I was doing all the door trims. It's worth all the hard work, though, a fresh paint job makes everything look so much brighter and cleaner!

     
  • At 4:13 AM, Blogger Annemarie said…

    Poor thing, you're painting too! Well, you're actually doing it. I just threaten to get my paintbrush out every so often. You're a brave woman!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS