Thursday, September 14, 2006

A routine visit heh?

So I went for my 6 month dental check up and had to go out in the lousy rain. I didn't feel so great because of smelling the stain/poly. My brother can't stand the smell of paint. I wish I was finished the windows, but I didn't have time to sand it all and it was too damp to do more staining.
The hygienist talks me into getting bite wings and we had a good laugh about Cosmo-well about cats we know who need to get their teeth cleaned. I know he needs a cleaning. So I waited for doc cutie (the young, new guy) to come in and he looks and looks and taps and looks again. He says I have 'the beginnings' of two cavities. One is on the dead anchor tooth of a crown. And to get it fixed, I need a new crown (that's longer) and to have some of the bone next to it taken away! All to the tune of $1,700! Boy, did my mouth go dry. The insurance probably will only cover a wee bit of that. So I decided to wait until January to make sure the insurance pays up after the initial deductible. We've all been to the dentist, so there may not be much money left for me to get this work done. I want to know how a dead tooth can be sensitive? The sensitive one, in my opinion (it's my mouth) feels like it is way in the back. They blow the x-ray up to a 5" x 7" on the computer screen and see all 'the beginnings' of things. I sure don't want to dip into any moola before the holidays. If it starts to hurt or anything, then that's a different story. Can't they put 'pins' in and take out the old tooth? Any dentists out there?
Survivor premiered tonight-the controversial season- the 4 teams were divided by race. The first challenge had the Asians winning and the Afr-Americans coming in last. When they went to tribal council, the one Black guy thought it was funny they were divided up, much to Jeff Probst's covered up chagrin. I love these kinds of shows and can't wait for 'The Amazing Race' to premier again.

4comments:

  • At 4:25 AM, Blogger Annemarie said…

    I think it's highly suspect that a new dentist (no matter how handsome) always finds really expensive work that needs to be done. I think you're right to wait. Let's just hope it won't start to hurt!

     
  • At 7:55 AM, Blogger Mia said…

    Dianne, I only caught the last 1/2 hour of Survivor. Had to laugh at the comment too. LOL I am right there with you on Sunday night for the Amazing Race. I am a reality t.v. junkie anymore. :)

    In response to your comment on my blog, this was the first time I went to a concert since the Wachovia Center opened. It was awesome. The last time I was there was when DS was 3 and we saw Disney on Ice Toy Story. LOL We will be going to Supernova at the Spectrum in January. That will feel like home because I was there so much in my younger days. I have never been to the Mann because of your DS's experiences. I don't do well outside. LOL Give me AC in July any day. Though I have been to other outdoor concerts and the last was Billy Joel/Elton John at Vets Stadium.

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    I can sure relate to the dentist issues. I've had so much work done this year that I've maxed out my insurance limit.

    I 've noticed that almost everyone at work who is around the big 5-0 age is having the same issues.

    Most insurances only pay 50% of the big stuff, so it can be pretty costly to get everything fixed that needs fixin'.

    I wish you the best and hope you can hold out.

    I love the pic in your next post!

     
  • At 6:01 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    I'm telling you, a person can't afford to be sick or have bad teeth!! Why does something that makes your health better have to be so darn expensive?? I would get a second opinion..sometimes these new young doctors/dentists are too quick to make a judgement!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS