Monday, September 18, 2006

MIA and WIP

Barbara over at Mainly Stitching was wondering where I've been this weekend. I thank her for her note. I was doing the windows, cleaning, walking the cat, having a few tummy issues (stain does that to me),making a big dinner last night and stitching. Also, since Sean is back in classes, he needs to do research on the computer. Does he know how lucky he is to have the internet? I think so. : )
While I am waiting on my new house to stitch for the Neighborhood Round Robin, I've been adding stitches to the below WIP(s):

The swan design is so old, I think about 15 yrs old (at least). It was more challenging than I thought. The little girl with the hat is a DMC kit (and they didn't give me all the correct floss!). The chair with the plant is also a kit. Boy were those legs hard to do. I may try them again if the other two chairs in the design come out better. And I am almost half finished 'Cape May' by Valentine Stitchery. The blue fabric and the swirly waves proved a little difficult for me. Even the kitty on the blue linen got 'frogged' (he is chasing a frog!).

4comments:

  • At 4:25 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    Grrrrr Blogger just ate the comment I left! Let's see if I remember what I had said! lol I admire the beautiful cross stitching you do...that's something I've never learned. Do you frame or make something with all your finished projects? Hugs xoxo

     
  • At 1:41 AM, Blogger Rachael said…

    See- it's good that I sent Annemarie's RR at the last minute- gave you time to do some other bits ;-) It's a nice feeling though, to pull out something that has been 'almost " finished forever and actually get it done.

     
  • At 6:17 PM, Blogger Kristen said…

    Sounds like you had a busy weekend!
    I wanted to come by and say "thanks" for helping me reach my goal of 125 comments for my 125th post! I hope you'll come by again sometime and visit! ;-)

     
  • At 2:49 AM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    You have been busy! I'm just glad that everything is going well.

    Those projects look awfully challenging to me. All those tiny color changes ... they drive me batty!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS