Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Woman at work

It's a very stinky job and a difficult one too. The mixture of stain and poly is so hard to use-you get dark and light spots. After this coat dries, you sand it with fine sand paper and put on your second coat. I was using foam brushes so I could get in the corners, along the edge and in the two grooves that run along the trim. It's a pecan color-matches pretty good with the wood in the rest of the house. You can see my paint job too! I'm a little 'high' from the smell. I went to pour myself some more peach ice tea and added milk to my glass! It's in the very same kind of container. Sean had a good laugh at that. We are trying to keep the cat away-though if he tries to get up there he won't like it. Wish me luck, as sometimes stuff that smells like this gives me a tummyache. I am going to the dentist tomorrow and in the evening I was invited to attend a meeting for my 30th class reunion, though I don't think I will go. I may just email the guy my ideas.



2comments:

  • At 7:59 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    You're doing a terrific job!! I think I'm still coming down from the "high" I had when I painted at Steve's and he was using the Contact Cement glue for the runners on the stairs! lol

     
  • At 8:18 PM, Blogger Von said…

    Looks great, Dianne!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS