Friday, September 15, 2006

Just crazy about House Invaders

I've been watching BBC America in the morning before I tackle my day. One of the shows I really like is called 'House Invaders', usually hosted by Gordon Whistance (don't you love that name) and Anna Ryder Richardson. The shows are about two years old. The premise is to go in a family's home and redo two rooms using what they have 'out in the shed' (don't they have cellars/basements in England?). They also do a 'quick fix' to an area or room. Today Anna repainted a fireplace mantel. Most of the people seem thrilled by their fixes. They did pick out the paint or fabric and never gotten around to using it. Now if they came here, my paint would most likely be dried up in the can and they would faint in my basement for the mess. I have a feeling they go and get more paint to match what they have found. It's an ambitious show, and the hosts and their crew are just fab.


Gordon

Sean and I are taking Cosmo to the vet for his rabies shot and check-up. I bet he'll have to go back for a teeth cleaning. I have the lid unscrewed from the carrier (the only way we can trap him) and off we'll go in a few hours.

3comments:

  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    We get that show on BBC here, during daytime TV. The woman's cheerfulness makes my teeth ache, but then again, I'm not much of a daytime TV person...

    Hope your teeth are holding out okay, speaking of toothaches!

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Yeah, Anna R-R, use to be a exercise teacher, so I can see her getting her students motivated. Her enthusiasm never went away.
    I don't really have a toothache. I have sensitivity to cold on one side.

     
  • At 5:57 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    I've never seen that show but it sounds a bit like the few home improvements shows they have around. Wish they'd come to my place and fix up my basement! lol Our house is over 40 years old and although we've remodelled all the upstairs, nothing has ever really been done to the basement.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS