Monday, September 11, 2006

5 years

I made these little buttons 5 yrs ago in memory of the two pilots from PA who were in the UA Flight 175 plane that crashed into one of the World Trade Centers. Pilot Saracini was from Bucks County as were 17 other people who died that day. Pilot Herrocks was from Glen Mills, near where I went to high school and his kids went to the same school district as my niece and nephew do now. He also attended the same college (West Chester U) that Brian and I went to, but he was younger.
The plane that went down in Pennsylvania was about 3-4 hours away, in the same county as Brian's grandfather was born.
We live in a triad where the planes went down. Needless to say, we were looking to the sky a lot that day and doing a lot of praying. Sean was a freshman in high school and I felt he was in the safest place-to stay at school. To this day, when I see a plane go over, I say a little prayer that they will arrive safely to their destination.




3comments:

  • At 8:40 PM, Blogger Hanna said…

    That was a nice thing for you to do. Let's not ever forget.

     
  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    Very nice buttons and I think we all have in our minds today what happened 5 years ago. We tend to never forget these tragic events! Good to see that Sylvester Stallone's statue has found a home...and yes, I agree, he does look terrific for a 60 year old!! Loved all the Rocky movies! I really enjoyed catching up on all your posts I had missed while I was away:-) Hugs xoxo

     
  • At 2:56 AM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    I have a totally different thought process when I see planes passing overhead now, too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS