Monday, January 24, 2005

The sounds of silence

Over the weekend we got dumped on with about 12" of snow. That's a good deal of snow for us. We've had more in the past, but you'd think we had a major blizzard the way the news aired all day Saturday with updates. It makes me a little nervous. First I think of what happens if someone is sick and needs to go to the hospital? Then I worry about the power going out since we've lived without power for a number of days, but not in this kind of bone chilling weather.
The most remarkable thing to me about snow is how quiet it gets. Especially having a snowy weekend. Yesterday, hardly any cars went down our usually busy connecting road. It was nice. Just looking at snow is nice, it's like icing on a cake when it first covers the evergreen branches and tree trunks. It can melt whenever it wants though. : )
~~~~~~
Of course I have to give a shout out to THE EAGLES!!!!! It's been 24 years since we've been in the Super Bowl, back when Ron Jaworski was playing. A little remembrance of that time-my mom worked in the career office at Widener College where the Eagles use to practice. One day 'Jaws' came in the office for something and saw my photo on my mom's desk and remarked that I was pretty. Ah, a football moment.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS