Friday, January 14, 2005

Noah's ark weather

Yet another post about the weather. My friend in Illinois usually sends over her weather, except we haven't gotten any measurable snow yet. Thanks for that Karin! It's been raining since late last night. The wind was really howling and so was Brian! He snores in different styles. Since he's been using his ab-lounger, it's been bothering his knees, so he is having trouble falling asleep. I can't catch the winks before 2:30 am it seems, but last night it was because of my mom.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So I went to the doctor with mom, didn't go near the office, but sat in the lobby. The 23 mile trip to her house takes at least 50 minutes now. For some reason, when I was about 10 minutes from her house, I got really bad cramps like when I was a teenager. So I got to moms and begged for a Tylenol which she didn't have. She was hurting herself because she hadn't had a pain pill since the day before. I did find her last Advil and took that thank goodness. It got me through the rest of the day. (Later she bought some Tylenol).
So mom was in and out of the doctor's in 1/2 hour. She lost 3 much needed pounds, from 115 to 112. She is on the old pain killer. We went to the coffee shop there and split a sandwich. Then we drove over to the thrift shop. They didn't have a lot, but I got a 'Trading Spaces' fairly new book for 25 cents. The lady who work there had a familiar name and I went to school with her son. I had another guy in my mind and my mom corrected me! Those two guys looked alike.
Off to CVS for the pills and then to Trader Joes for some cool food items. I grabbed an Arby's roast beef on the way home.
Mom called around 9 and said she had continued her 'crying spell' that she had after I left. Think she is withdrawing from the other pain pill! Said she missed me terribly. Made me feel terrible.
I called her this morning and she didn't sleep hardly at all last night. Hopefully she'll switch gears ok and feel better. I worry so about her.
Sean is home today for a 4 day weekend. We are going to take down the Christmas tree-stop laughing! It was too pretty to take down plus I haven't been up to it.

2comments:

  • At 7:55 PM, Blogger Mindy said…

    The weather has been crazy, hasn't it? Sorry your mom is having such a tough time lately, poor dear. Also, don't feel bad about the tree, mine is still up, too! I was going to take it down last weekend, as I usually take it down the weekend after the 6th. However, I wasn't feeling great so I didn't bother. I hope to do so this weekend. It is pretty and I always feel a little sad when I take it down, although it does take up a decent amount of space.

     
  • At 11:51 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Thanks for your sweet comments about my mom Mindy. She is trying to unload clothes and things (has way too much), and she starts projects she has trouble finishing. She is a shopper and it shows in the amount of stuff in her house. Not that she could afford it all.
    The Christmas tree is down on a shelf taking up way too much room. I have my work cut out for me tidying it all up thanks to Brian.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS