Friday, November 10, 2006

Chicken love

I was at my mom's yesterday in an attempt to help her tidy up...something, anything. I arrived to find piles of Rubbermaid containers piled up in her living room. It looked like she was moving. She said she knew what was in all of them and they all had a place to go. I told her she has too may 'things' for one person. She always says 'I know', but she adds to the booty daily. She's hopeless- the 'things' are taking over making her feel bad about her house.
What's with the chicken? Well, I went outside to toss empty cardboard boxes on mom's patio and low and behold there were 5 of her neighbor's hens out there scratching around in the leaves. They are so funny to watch. Mom gives them stale bread and they love it!
I helped her clean the inside of her car. I also dragged about 10 bags of stuff (mine included) to the Goodwill Store. While I was disposing of them, she went in the store and picked out about 6 articles of clothing and tried to buy them without me seeing them! I made her put back half of them and later she picked up a top she had put back. I did find a few things-a cute ceramic jar with a cat stenciled on it for Cosmo's goodies-blue and white. I found an old ceramic Santa, a Disney Belle doll, a teddy and Toll House's favorite recipes cookbook. Some to keep, some for eBay. I have a few plastic boxes sitting around here-with the Halloween stuff. I can't find things I took off the windowsills in the dining room area that I had replaced with Halloween things. Gee, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!
And Mom and I had a nice dinner at Outback Steakhouse-she had the kiddie steak (really) and I had shrimp, prawns and mushrooms in fetticini-yum! We shared their new apple cobbler that is served with vanilla ice cream and a maple sauce (I think).

My uncle took his driver's test yesterday and failed it miserably. So he won't be driving anymore. He saw his regular physician today and the doc said he could go home from rehab! Well, he needs a walker, can't use a cane. He had a terrible nosebleed last week. We are wondering how he will fend for himself as my aunt is in another nursing home. Sad stuff.

2comments:

  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    I can see where it's become a problem with your mom saving so much stuff and it doesn't help that she just keeps buying more too! It's so hard to resist a good deal though eh? lol Glad you helped her out with some stuff and that you enjoyed a good dinner with her:-) So very dad about your uncle, though, I'm surprised his doctor said he can go home when there's no one to look after him there!

     
  • At 4:17 PM, Blogger Karen said…

    What a pretty chicken!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS