Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A change is a comin'

Ok, I voted...there were only 4 people on our ballot way out here in the sticks. ; )
We waited in a long line as they had one ancient lady with the register books to look up your name. It was easy when we got up there as our names are all in a row. Filling out the ballot was like taking a standardized test. I only had to color in two ovals. Then we ran the ballot in a scanner machine. No hanging chads! I saw a few people I knew in line and we chatted a bit. One way to socialize. The machine's counter said I was about 860! Wow, that's a lot. : )
Ed Rendell won with no problem. It was a landslide for Bob Casey!
We decided to go to Baskin Robbins for a treat as my pork tenderloin didn't exactly fill any of us up! Heck, I tried. I had coconut nut in a sugar cone. Too bad many of my teeth ache from the cold food.

Now for the flurry of Christmas ads....oh, they make me feel like I'm not buying the right gifts. Plus the ones with the Lexus tied up with a gigantic bow make me a little envious. Darn them!

The service for Colleen's dad is at 9 am on Saturday. We live an hour+ away. I am not a morning person. Ok, that sounds so 'self-centered' as my mom said tonight. The guys were moaning and groaning in the background. I think it's going to be a short and sweet service. We had a memorial service for my grandmom, no funeral. It was very touching. My brother Ken and I had a hard time holding it together just for that. So, God willing, I'll get to the place (not sure where it is) and I'll do it for my sister-in-law.

1comments:

  • At 5:42 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    I heard that the Democrats won quite a few seats...a lot of Americans seem to be happy with that:-) We have our Municipal Elections next week and I'll be happy when they're over with...I hate all the campaigning! Now that Halloween is over, the stores are certainly pushing Christmas...I think of everything that needs to be done and I panic! lol I'm glad you'll go to the funeral...your SIL will appreciate that:-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS