Thursday, November 02, 2006

Just counting down the days

The Democrats blame Bush and the war in Iraq-if you vote for any Republicans, 'you are following the Bush herd'-one ad actually shows a herd of cows.
The Republicans say many of the Democrats are slamming them for being in favor of the war. They also say the Democrats are all for illegal aliens (millions of them!) getting into the country and stealing funds for social security, etc. Okay, that definitely isn't a new thing-illegals have been sneaking over the borders for years. I want to know what they ALL are doing to protect us from security threats-like 9-11. And I think most people have their minds set, so why waste millions of dollars on the lame campaign ads? I know I will vote for Ed Rendell because he's a proven politician. How many governors do you see singing the Eagles football fight song and tailgating with the common folk? Arnold?
Rick Santorum is worried because Bob Casey, Jr (he's dropped the junior) is running for senator. Casey's dad was the governor in the 80s. I personally can't stand Santorum or a fellow Penncrest high graduate Curt Weldon who has been a congressman for years and years. Weldon has his wife sticking up for him in an ad!
So I say, give us a break! I hate your stupid ads. We get so confused and fed up, we want to hit the mute button during every commercial break. Sean says he doesn't even feel like voting. Bombard us on Monday-the day before, not for a month. And we have to listen to campaign ads for New Jersey and Delaware too! My nerves are frazzled!!
BTW, I really don't give a 's' about what John Kerry said. BUT, if you are going to make such a statement, get it correct in the first place (like Bush never makes mistakes in his public speeches). You should have known all the conservatives would jump down your throat over it.

My one brother says that all politicians are slime balls anyway.

5comments:

  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    I am all in favor of limited ad campaigns. If they didn't have unlimited dollars and time to waste, they'd HAVE to focus on the issues.

     
  • At 12:06 AM, Blogger Carol said…

    Here, here Di!

     
  • At 9:03 AM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    I think politicians are all a bunch of idiots, I don't care what party they're running for! I hate ad campaigns, them coming door to door, seeing signs in everyone's yard, phone calls wanting to know if they can count on your vote, etc. Right now we're going through a Municipal Election and I'm totally fed up. To me, it doesn't matter who gets in, they're gonna screw us no matter what. There, I'll get off my soap box now! hehe Have a wonderful day Dianne! xoxo

     
  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    I hear you on this one, Dianne! I just hung up from a recorded ad. Every day for the past three weeks there is at least one campagin ad on my telephone recorder.
    I think that should be illegal - calling and leaving prerecorded ads. I try NOT to vote for anyone who leaves an ad on my recorder.

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger Annemarie said…

    I can imagine what you all have to suffer, as we are headed for elections too. There aren't that many ads, but ther are debates, and politicians coming up with all sorts of new, silly ideas, just to get the attention of the voters. Of course, as soon as the elections are over, so are the new ideas...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS