Sunday, November 05, 2006

Just a quickie here

I thought I'd give you all a break-lol
Busy on Friday-my van got an oil change and two new tires. No reports of mice. I check the door jam daily and I think the varmint realized it had to move or be moved! Sean was nice enough to go the the Firestone place. We got pizza and did a little shopping-Marshall's, Michael's Craft (me that is, Sean went in Old Navy) and Target. I got some cute marked down Halloween stuff at Marshalls. I tried to get one marked down even more as it needed repair, but the girl just wouldn't do it, so I left it there. I told her no one else would be willing to repair it and that they would probably be tossing it. She had a tiff with the manager as she waited on me-great timing!
Yesterday Brian hooked up the bagger to the mower. It had to be put together first. It worked great the first time and then it got clogged the second run through. He got up leaves that would have before taken him 2 hours-now only about 10 minutes!
We ate dinner at Wendy's-it was pretty bad. Don't get the cheddar bacon burger-the cheddar is horrible-it didn't taste like real cheese at all. Mom went to her Wendy's and said the food was bad too!
We then headed for Wally World as I needed a printer cartridge and paper and some. I spent the evening looking at a craft magazine and working on a cute cross stitch piece of a little boy making a snow angel.
So nothing too exciting, but that's life most of the time. : )

4comments:

  • At 4:33 AM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    I've eaten once at a Wendy's and once at an Arby's (during a cross-country Greyhound bus trip) and I will not eat at either of them again even if it means starving to death. Ugh!! Awful disgusting food!

    I've had experiences like the one you had trying to get the damaged item marked down - very frustrating. I guess the store must get a bigger writeoff for discarding it as broken rather than selling it cheaply.

    Hipe you enjoy the remainder of your weekend!

     
  • At 4:44 AM, Blogger Annemarie said…

    I love those non-exciting days. Wish I had more of those...

     
  • At 6:28 AM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    I had the same noneventful day. Just stayed home and baked cookies. I like those days.

    I'm not much into fast food, but when I do go Wendy's is my favorite. I like their salads and those newer sandwich things (don't rememeber what they are called).

    My DH sucked up leaves yesterday, too. He said he is done now for the year.

     
  • At 11:24 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    I've had a fairly quiet day today too...don't we all lead such exciting lives? lol I hardly ever go to Wendy's because it's on the other side of town so I'm not that familiar with their food. My favourite fast food has got to be A & W...yummmmm!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS