Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Martha Stewart inspires me

I just got back on her website after not being able to visit and get inspired for months. They let me change my user name and viola! This is the perfect website for domestic goddesses like myself.

Make this:
Spice-Infused Simple Syrup
Makes about 3/4 cup
1 cup sugar
4 whole black peppercorns
2 whole cloves
1 cinnamon stick
1 star anise
1 strip (2 1/2 inches) orange zest

1. Bring sugar, 1 cup water, the peppercorns, cloves, cinnamon stick, star anise, and zest to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. For milder flavor, remove star anise, and discard; simmer 10 minutes more. Remove from heat. Let cool completely. Pour through a sieve into a bowl; discard solids. Syrup can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 1 month.

To make this:

A Fall Mixer

Celebrate seasonal spices with a simple syrup infused with cinnamon, cloves, star anise, orange peel, and black peppercorns. The syrup, which has a taste and fragrance reminiscent of a holiday dessert, can be stirred into tea, coffee, or sparkling cider. Or make a cocktail redolent of apple, citrus, and spice: Mix 1 tablespoon of the syrup with 1 tablespoon Calvados and 1/2 cup sparkling cider; garnish with a curl of fresh orange peel.




3comments:

  • At 6:59 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    I have not been to her site in quite awhile. I will have to check it out. Thanks for the link.

    Her show used to come on at 6pm and I watched it for the first 6 months. Then it disappeared and I have not seen it since. I miss it.

     
  • At 7:17 PM, Blogger Von said…

    Martha is an inspiration. She got me through my dd's wedding! Love to catch her original show in Discovery Home as I don't always care for her current show. There are enough other venues for celebs to plug their books or new cds!

     
  • At 5:45 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    Oh yum that sure looks good! I've never been on Martha's web site...I know, shame on me! Now I'm curious to see it, I'm sure she's got all kinds of Christmas ideas!! Hmmm I wonder if she makes house calls! lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS