Saturday, September 09, 2006

Craftiness

This is something I needed to make for a long time! There are 50 necklaces displayed on my new necklace board above. I have a collection of crucifixes, but they are only a quarter of my necklaces. It's made out of a Rose Art foam memo board-$4.00 at Big Lots. I used a layer of batting to make it a little poufy. Then I covered that with this pretty floral damask. I used white glue and tape to hold everything together. I edged it in burgundy ribbon (also used as the hanger). The necklaces are being held up with quilter's 'T' pins. I really love it!
Sean went up to the Mushroom Festival for a few hours and mainly walked around and didn't really see much. Brian and I might go up tomorrow, just to say we went. I want some more of the sheep soap that I bought last year. I hope the vendor will be there.

2comments:

  • At 4:05 AM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    I can imagine that sheep's soap, with all that natural lanolin, must be a real treat for the skin. Hope you can find some.

    Your necklace board is beautiful - what a great job!!

     
  • At 6:25 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    What a pretty way to store your necklaces. Great idea!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS