Thursday, September 21, 2006

New table ordered

This morning I bit the bullet and went online to look for a round pedestal table. We've been married 22.5 yrs and have always had a used table that wasn't quite right. So I just googled 'round table' and after a few minutes of looking, found this at Target:

It matches the kitchen cabinets pretty well and where it will be situated, will coordinate well with them. I got $30 off, but the shipping was high. I know, I should have gone to a Target store and looked to see if they had it, but to the best of my knowledge, I don't remember any elaborate furniture displays at the 3 stores I've shopped in. My old table is also round. It has the 4 legs that we have all managed to crack our knees on if you weren't sitting directly in the middle of two of them. I use to have a big rectangular table (also used), but it took up too much space. I'm looking for a new china cabinet-maybe Ikea. I guess I'd like more of a sideboard with maybe a coordinating hanging cabinet to utilize more of the wall space. The one I have now was my inlaws and it's a monster piece of furniture.

BTW, October is Breast cancer awareness month. I happen to be getting my mammogram near the end of the month-it will be about my 8th one. When I was in Joann's, they were selling the silicone pink bracelets, so I bought one.

5comments:

  • At 1:56 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    Glad you were able to find a table you like! We had our old kitchen table for 25 years before finally buying a new one a few years ago! Always feels good when you can bring in the new and get rid of the old:-) Hugs xox

     
  • At 3:57 PM, Blogger Kristen said…

    I like the table! I really need a new kitchen table, too. Maybe I'll have to head on over to Target! :-)

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Good luck at your mammogram, Dianne!

     
  • At 10:11 PM, Blogger Von said…

    Tables with the pedestal instead of four legs are much easier to maneuver around! Great choice, Dianne!!

     
  • At 2:52 PM, Blogger Rachael said…

    I like it. Round tables are so great. Mine are both rectangle as they are easier to fit into rentals
    Enjoy!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS