Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Bad Spider!

I almost forgot to tell you about seeing a large and scary spider on the bathroom ceiling-the size of a dime. I had just stepped out of the shower and not being a fan of big spiders that resemble brown recluses, I was having a fit (you should have seen the cat looking at me when I exited the bathroom later). I sprayed 'her' with the shower spray and she dropped to the floor! Ahhhh!! I grabbed the container of cleaner behind the door and....WHAM... she curled up like a withered leaf! I was wondering where it came from-of course-the vent in the ceiling! I was reading that you have to watch 'piles of clothes and magazines' that haven't been touched for a while-holy smokes people. If it was indeed a brown recluse, they can leave you with some nasty bites-more like craters. If I work in my basement, I try to wear rubber gloves if I am reaching in corners, etc. Too many nightmare stories!

3comments:

  • At 12:12 AM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    Gosh all we have over here are the tiny normal spiders...and I'm terrified of those!! Can't even imagine how I'd react with one like the brown recluse!! Eeeeekkkkk!!!!

     
  • At 3:07 AM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Spiders totally freak me out, though I stubbornly insist that I am NOT afraid of them. Ours here tend to be very large, but at least there is only a teensy chance that they are poisonous. YIKES!

    Glad you enjoyed a good visit with your mom. :)

     
  • At 6:48 PM, Blogger Annemarie said…

    Ugh Dianne, I have no idea what a brown recluse looks like (other than that it has eight legs), and I don't think I want to know. Magazines and clothes that haven't been used for a while, you say. Good grief woman, I won't be able to sleep now!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS