Monday, April 24, 2006

Tin for a retro look

I decided to get some embossed tin for behind the oven area and across where the baking center is. I did a search and found two companies that sell it. The second one was the company that The Extreme Home Makeover show uses. I mentioned this to the salesperson and about Paul being from my hometown, and she said she spoke to him a few times when he was ordering stuff for the show! (Small world) I told her to mention that another customer was from Penncrest if she ever talked to him again. Anyway-here is a photo of the silver tin I picked out:

It has a leaf pattern that repeats every 6 inches. I have a leaf design on the knobs, so it ties in well. I figure Brian and I can install this as the one wall is just a long rectangle and the other is half hidden by the oven. We'll see. Tomorrow I will try to paint the largest wall. We are getting the floor installed on Friday and I don't want to drip blue paint on it or drag the step ladder across it either.

2comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS