Tuesday, April 18, 2006

A little nest

It's been a hectic day. I was washing the largest wall and other painted areas today with 409 out in the kitchen. I actually had to go over it with water to get more dirt off. I filled in some holes with spackling. I cleaned an area of the basement that I thought was too much for the electrician to bear, hurting myself in the process. I did a slip and fall half way up the stairs. I've been wearing these black leather shoes with an elastic strap and they must have been too slippery for the painted steps. I came down hard on my left knee while my upper left arm hit the railing and my head hit the hall. Luckily Sean was home and he heard my 'oh sh*#' and ouches. He got me some ice and I've been icing the various boo-boos all evening. Not surprisingly, my hard head doesn't hurt! ; ) And the whole time I was down there I was thinking brown recluse spider as my pal Nancy sent me that nasty email showing a festering spider wound just this morning.
So I did manage to stir up a pot of spaghetti. I keep thinking 'it's the last time I will use this stove or oven'. Weird. Really weird was finding a paper for trash pickup up under the frig from 1989. That's about the last time it was pulled out (stop groaning) as we put the floor tiles down by ourselves.
About the photo... I've been seeing a little brownish red cardinal fly out of the crepe myrtle bush under the kitchen window lately. I got the step ladder and looked through the kitchen window tonight. Lo and behold, there she was on her nest. She had a feeling someone was looking over her shoulder and flew away exposing these 3 darling blue speckled eggs. Thanks to Brian for a cool shot-through the window!


4comments:

  • At 2:48 AM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    I hope your various bruises and sore spots haven't caused you any lingering discomfort! As for pulling out the fridge, I dread the day we finally have to do that! They should come on wheels so you can easily move them about for cleaning!

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger Nancy in IL said…

    Holy cow, Dianne... you trying to keep up with ME??? That's how I broke my leg, ya know....on a stairway. Way to go, klutz! Seriously, I'm glad it wasn't as bad as it could have been!

    Yesh, the piccie of the festering brown recluse bite is enough to bring on nightmares. Grossed me out completely.

    Don't overdo on this HUGE job you've undertaken now, Dianne. BUT.... it's soooo going to be worth it, and I can't wait to see pix! I'm very happy for you!

     
  • At 2:30 PM, Blogger Nancy in IL said…

    Oh sorry, I forgot! That GREAT picture through the window of the cardinal eggs is so sweet, and they almost look like robin's eggs! I had no idea what cardinal eggs looked like!

     
  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    How exciting to have a cardinal nest!
    I hope you are healing and feel better soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS