Saturday, April 22, 2006

Kitchen eye candy

Cabinet next to frig with plate holder and spice drawers-I actually put jello boxes in the one part (for the time being). I plan to get some blue mugs to replace the potpourri of ones I have here. The frig has a water dispenser (with filter) and ice cubes that can be left whole or crushed.
Maytag double oven-top can also toast items. And it's a smooth top. Since I didn't get my 3k retro, this is the second best. I've never had a new oven or one that is self cleaning. It looks like a 50s retro with a modern twist.
Pretty stained glass doors on the glass cabinet next to the new light with the cobalt blue shade.
I am so glad I didn't get the pot lights in the ceiling! This is an awesome light fixture that replaces the ceiling fan. You can point the lights at different angles. I need some task lighting in a few places as the light above hits our backs when we are working at a few counter places. The microwave has both a light and a vent in the bottom of it for the stove. This is the best lighting I have ever had out there. We are returning some small round lights for some long florescent ones I found online.
I can't wait to get the backsplash done as that glue is not very appetizing.

6comments:

  • At 6:46 PM, Blogger lena-lou said…

    Hi Diane, Your kitchen is looking good, I love your big American fridges and want one but my kitchen is too small. Yours will be great when its finished :-)

     
  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger Carol said…

    Oooooh, I love your new kitchen - drool, drool. I think it was worth all of the work and those boxes....

     
  • At 12:07 PM, Blogger Von said…

    Dianne, I'm so thrilled with your kitchen progress. What a fantastic change from that old one! You have my dream cabinets there, and I'm so glad that there were not any big problems with them. Everything seems to be running smoothly on your project - great job!

     
  • At 2:47 PM, Blogger Rachael said…

    Oh Dianne it is fantastic. Ther are so many wonderful bits. I absoloutly love the plate holder and the stove, and the white is so pretty. You must be in heaven.

     
  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger Nancy in IL said…

    OMG, it's gorgeous! I love so many things about it, I don't know where to start! Please keep us all drooling, and I want some pix of it from distances too. Bossy, aren't I? LOL! Yup. we're definitely from the same Knowles line. The cobalt blue and your blue paint is right up my alley, and the one thing i really like is the mellow look of the cabinet color. They're not stark white. Yummy!

     
  • At 12:33 AM, Blogger Val said…

    I adore those spice boxes and the dish rack. And blue and white? My favorite color combo for kitchens! I enjoyed the tour, thank you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS