Sunday, March 26, 2006

Stitching Blog hoppin'

I spent a lot of my down time looking at fellow stitcher's blogs today after trying to get the rest of the kitchen cleaned out (still not finished as I keep running out of boxes-booze boxes are too small). My blog isn't all about stitching (my turn out seems to be in the low numbers compared to others' nimble stitching fingers), I really want to thank all you stitchers that take the time to display your talents and talk about stitching in general. If you look at my side bar, you will see a lot of stitcher's blogs. I add to my blogroll all the time.
Although I have been stitching for going on 30 yrs, I have had many dry, non-productive years. I would buy a chart here and there. I'd start something and then just lay it aside. I was getting like my mom! (Well it's true and she is still this way). Just meeting you all and doing stitching for the sick kids and others really got my stitching juices flowing again. And because of the internet, would I ever have pals in The Netherlands or even across the country who share this same passion? I think not. You get it! The hoarding of books, buying a variety of stitching fabrics, getting the latest floss-you just get it!
I think we have a special community here. I am proud to be a member.
Keep up the good work. You are the heirloom makers.

1comments:

  • At 2:38 PM, Blogger Von said…

    Hi Dianne,
    Reading and getting to know all these wonderful stitchers is very inspiring! There are so many that it's hard to keep up. :D
    And I personally enjoy reading about more than just stitching!
    Awhile back we packed up all my dh's books into booze boxes and there are way too many of them as they are small. At least they didn't get so heavy for me!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS