Sunday, March 19, 2006

Missed a day

Did you miss me? We signed away a great sum of money for the kitchen yesterday, so that is paid for now. The man who has been working with us had trouble with the order form. He double checked to make sure my glaze was on it and it wasn't (that's one reason why I orderd from this cabinet company because I loved this color). He got that on and the computer was taxing us for everything. We bought the cabinets, etc in Delaware (tax free). Even though we live in Penna. it won't be taxed because we are getting them installed by The Home Depot. He needed help to get that off. We wasted a great deal of time waiting. We did get all 31 knob and pulls for free (a special). They are pretty-they have a leaf design (brass) that looks like it is a patina with a white wash.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
We went to pay and our card associated with our home equity loan got declined (it's new!) I ended up writing a check and that went through. I need to talk to the bank about the plastic.
We rushed to church and then the three of us went to a Chinese restaurant. My IBS has been really bad and I ordered the wrong thing-shrimp and asparagus. I should know better. I have not been eating right at all. Greasy pizza and corned beef this past week-I am indeed nuts. My tummy is still spazzing once in a while.
Now the waiting game. The cabinets may not be in for 4-6 weeks, hopefully sooner. And may all this be completed by May 1st as stated on the form. My poor guts can't take too much more.

3comments:

  • At 1:54 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Those cabinet pulls/handles sure are pretty, Dianne. I hope that everything comes in ahead of time and that you'll be cooking in your new kitchen in just a few weeks.

     
  • At 7:31 PM, Blogger Von said…

    Love your choice of handles and pulls, Dianne! I hope all goes according to plan with your Home Depot order. I think if you go into it expecting delays and complications, you'll be well prepared, and pleasantly surprised if all goes well - at least that's what I've read on the remodeling forums, lol! The final product will be well worth it.

     
  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger Susimac said…

    The handles are lovely, I really like those. Hope the kitchen comes quicker than stated for you, its really exciting.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS