Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Backsplash...what do you like?

I was just looking at gorgeous glass tiles for the kitchen backsplash. Though a bit pricey, I think they will add that special sparkle I love. My countertops will be a dark blue to offset the creamy yellow cabinets. The tiles don't really come in any yellow, but the blues-so gorgeous. And I do not need a great deal of them. They come on sheets (I saw them on Trading Spaces and they look pretty easy to install). They have to be better than what was there. The previous owners used leftover flooring (which we have to remove-the installers won't). I added the contact paper (remember my previous photos).So here are some of the ones I really like:
1.
Image hosting by Photobucket
2.
Image hosting by Photobucket
3.
Image hosting by Photobucket
4.
Image hosting by Photobucket
5.
Image hosting by Photobucket
6.
Image hosting by Photobucket

5comments:

  • At 3:03 AM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    I particularly like 2 & 4. They're very pretty.

    They used flooring on the walls????

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger Dawn T. said…

    All of the are really pretty but my favorite is #1.

     
  • At 3:22 PM, Blogger Von said…

    That is a hard choice Dianne! Personally I like 4 and 6. You've probably done this, but I took samples of my floor, cupboards, countertop, everything I could on a design board to see how they work together - it was way too much fun, lol!! But I just love how my kitchen looks.

     
  • At 7:51 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    You girls are good! I really like #4 the best too. There is a combo of colors similar to his, but with a little tan thrown in. I'm going to a tile place in town one of these days to check them out in person.
    Ah Von, no board. What I like has been in my brain so long-and anything, I mean anything is an improvement to what's out there.

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger Cindy said…

    Wow, they are all pretty but my favorite is #4. You are going to have one beautiful kitchen!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS