Friday, February 24, 2006

Near miss

Ever see that movie 'Starman' and Jeff Bridges goes faster when he sees the yellow traffic light? A flash of a second after they go through the red light and avoid a collusion (I believe it's with a train?) Karen Allen asks the hybrid alien that looks like her husband, "why did you do that, you could have gotten us killed!" With that Jeff replies, "Yellow means to go faster, like you did."
I believe that's the way most people drive nowadays. I was heading to my mom's and on a long stretch of the main route I take. A car behind me was edging up on me and I was hoping they would go around me, but no! About 100 feet from the light that was turning yellow, I started to slow down, but not my 'friend' behind me. No, they thought I was going to race through this wide intersection. I heard her hit her brakes and I veered to the right and saved being rear-ended! I swear I have a guardian angel watching me! So I had my heart in my throat for a few minutes, believe me. A little further down, a small truck was behind me, almost tailgating. I do drive the speed limit and maybe over about 5 mph sometimes. I hit my brake lights several times and put my signal on and the jackass got off my back. I mean, are you really going to get where you are going any faster?
Good things about my afternoon-seeing mom; getting her Webtv to work again (found a keyboard for her to use); going to Joann's and getting a 1/2 price xs kit (three old-fashioned purses); having a Shrimp Lejon brick oven pizza; bringing Brian home some brew; seeing Kenny and Tori (my nephew and niece); seeing the progress my brother is making on his kitchen/family room (he's amazing) and having a good ride home! Whew!
Sad about Sasha falling on her butt. She's so talented, I like her skating so much better than the Japanese girl who won. But giving Japan it's first medal of the game and first ever gold medal in figure skating is awesome!

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS