Monday, February 20, 2006

Coming out of the long stretch

Not much new. We aren't millionaires for one thing. ; )
Glad it is still cold enough outside that I don't mind doing inside work. Cleaning out a kitchen with over 19 yrs worth of stuff and finding room down the basement for it isn't fun. I am finding stuff that I haven't looked at in years. I should follow the example of the show 'Clean Sweep' and just ditch most of it. As mentioned earlier-I have too many baskets and cookie tins! I loaded up two big plastic bags with them to give away, but I still have too many. I ran across a rowing machine just plopped down in the middle of all that mess. What are Brian and Sean doing you ask? Not much except to carry the crates downstairs. Brian did run the vacuum for me where I cleaned. I couldn't find a dust mask, so I used a long scarf which made the cat do a double take. I don't know if it helped that much (no coughing attacks) as my whole face hurt last night.
I wonder who cleans out the houses on the Extreme Makeover:Home Edition? I guess if they have 50+ people doing it, then it's not that bad. I guess they have a big storage unit for them. I wonder if they are truly surprised when the team comes to their house at the crack of dawn? Maybe they are told the producer or someone is coming to look at their house in person.
I better get back to work....soon.

5comments:

  • At 1:27 PM, Blogger Susimac said…

    I reckon there are secret elves who come in and clean some of those houses on EM, or at least folk who have no allergies at all, allergies suck don't they. Hope you are going to post pics up of your new improvementa when they happen.

     
  • At 7:40 PM, Blogger Nickie said…

    My rule of thumb for the house...if its not used in a year it gets dontated!

    Keeps the clutter down. A lot.

     
  • At 11:19 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    GGG-excellent advice until you start looking at things like you will use them again 'in the future'. One of the reasons the basement is so messy is because of my allergies. I do as much as I can and then am not well for a few days, even though I have a mask on. The dust still gets on your clothes and in your hair I guess.

     
  • At 7:51 AM, Blogger Rachael said…

    I know the feeling of being sure you'll need something in the future. All four of us here are pack rat's and have a hard time parting with anything. The only thing that saves us from drowning in "stuff" is that my husband is in the military and at every move. I insist on getting rid of everything. in every box. that hasn't been opened since the last move.

     
  • At 4:27 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    No matter how long I have had something sitting unused, I always need it right after I throw it away!
    It is a chore to do heavy duty clean up like you are doing now. Once it gets done, though, you will feel so much better.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS