Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I am not flexible


I finally opened one of my pilates programs yesterday and watched Jennifer Pohlman from Aussy move like her limbs were elasticized. I mean she was so graceful and had the longest legs-I was in awe. I did try about half of the moves. I think the breathing is good as sometimes I just don't give my lungs the air they deserve. I know I have a mat somewhere too as my back was a bit sore from just laying on the area rug. When Jen said to not do the 'rollover' if you have back problems, I just watched as she easily lifted her legs over her head and touched the floor! Mama mia!
Nothing is really hurting me right now, so that's a good thing.
Now here are the goodies I got in the mail yesterday:
Beginners' Belly Dancing!! OMG-the girls at my Domestic Goddess tribe (among others) love to do this. I thought I'd try it out. There's always Richard Simmons if I still want to shake my groove thing! But the outfits-all the scarves and metallics-well I'll have to see.
I got some nice stitching fabric from Silkweaver's for my Cape May design(fabric is called 'Ocean Fantasy') with swirls of blues. I let them pick out some samples of their other fabric and they sent a pale terra cotta and a beige color-both 32 count! Yikes, I never go that small, but we'll see. Now I can enter designs in their contests since I purchased some of their fabric. I think I'll be visiting there often.
Thanks to Barbara for her snailmail note. What a pleasant surprise. I owe you one!
I hope you all got to see the American girls figure skating Tuesday night. Sasha Cohen was excellent! Good for her. I hope she wins the Gold.


Here is a 'flexible' person.

2comments:

  • At 4:05 AM, Blogger Annemarie said…

    Haha, I can imagine your Pilates exercises would look a lot like mine from the way you describe the instructions. Not good. Belly dancing sounds interesting, though...

     
  • At 5:18 PM, Blogger Lnanaa said…

    I got to see Sasha Cohen performed last Tuesday and I thought she was fabulous. I have been rooting for her ever since she joined the Olympics and always felt bad every time she fell. She seems so much different this time as an mature lady instead of a girl.

    This seems like her year to get the Gold. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS