Friday, February 24, 2006

I may be MIA for a few days

I had to go to the doctor this morning because of muscle spasms in my stomach and discomfort in my left side and lower left side. The thing that was keeping me awake the most was the 'baby kick' like spasm. I think I had 2 hours sleep last night. I tried all my basic trying to get comfy techniques-heat rub, Tylenol and the heating pad until I got a little panicky around 6 am. So the doctor mentioned diverticulosis and put me on two kinds of antibiotics! Antibiotics and me do not mix well and I've only taken one and already had issues. And I'm on a liquid diet with a few crackers thrown in if I'm starving. I still think I have irritable bowel syndrome (only time will tell). Brian was nice enough to stay home and drive me (I am cross-eyed from sleep deprivation but I can't seem to relax all the way to get in a decent nap, plus it's too noisy around here). The jello and chicken broth were 'just yummy'. I've had discomfort in the LLQ before and I got over it. I told Dr. H (whose son is one of Sean's best friends) that I tried pilates and that maybe one of my problems. I did have a wee fever-99.4. She said if I felt worst to go to the ER over the weekend. I didn't care for that remark. I have to go back to the doctor Monday or Tuesday.
So wish me luck. My weekend is basically ruined-no home show that I really wanted to attend. I feel crummy anyway.

5comments:

  • At 5:08 PM, Blogger Annemarie said…

    Oh Dianne, I'm so sorry to hear you're not well. Do take as much rest as you can, and let the guys in your life pamper you! I hope you feel better soon!

     
  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Thanks Annemarie!
    I am doing better. I could not just have broth and jello yesterday so I made rice for my dinner so I could take the dreadful medicine. I called the doctor and told her I didn't think I could handle both pills, so I am taking just the one. I slept for about 10 hours, only getting up once to crank up the heat. I just ate a small hamburger after going to the bank and a book sale. I've been hungry all along, so that's a good sign.

     
  • At 6:27 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    I was sorry to read that you are not feeling well, but glad to see you are getting a bit better.
    I think letting your guys pamper you for the weekend sounds like a good idea!

     
  • At 11:29 AM, Blogger Kiwi Jo said…

    sending you many get well wishes ((hugs))

     
  • At 3:03 PM, Blogger Susimac said…

    Hope that you feel much better soon, take it easy and try and get plenty of rest, let the men in your life run round you a little.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS