Friday, January 20, 2006

Ms. Fix-it

About three weeks ago I was looking for a wrist watch to wear. I have plenty, but they were mostly duds, meaning their batteries were dead. So I divided what I really liked from the 'so-so' ones and took the bunch to the dining room table (my all purpose wobbly work table) and began to pry off the backs of several of them. Some wouldn't budge (I use a mini screwdriver or a big darning needle).It's like performing surgery-so exciting when you can see the guts of the watch! I finally ended up with 7 and I had to get the trusty magnifying glass to get the numbers off the batteries.
Brian and I went to Walmart and I got the batteries I needed ($20!). Instead of having to buy 6 new watches, I replaced all of them with no problem except for one Timex that took the biggest battery. The back just wouldn't snap on again! Both Bri and I tried our best until I broke the darn thing. It was an Indiglo light up one too. Not to worry, bet one of my Mickey Mouse watches uses the mammoth battery. Now I have some fancy ones (marcasite) and plainer ones I can switch off with. Mom said I am just like her mom in this respect-I will try to fix anything on my own-well at least try first. : )

2comments:

  • At 1:39 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    You had SEVEN wristwatches???!

     
  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Actually I have about 30! Most were gifts or $5 ones. But the ones I put the batteries in are mostly very elegant.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS