Thursday, January 19, 2006

Cooking all week

It's a record! I made dinner for 5 straight nights in a row! We had gourmet hot dogs tonight (I get the lower calorie beef ones), but I made homemade potato salad (with egg, relish and fresh dill thank you) and zucchini with red onion and parmesan. The guys dove into the potato salad like it was going out of style. Last night we only had ravioli and salad, but the sauce was excellent-Ragu's sun dried tomato and basil.
We are going to talk 'kitchens' at the Home Depot on Sunday! Yippee! I am a bit nervous, but excited. I know what I want-the offwhite cabinets, honey maple colored flooring (to tie in with the wood in the rest of the house) and probably slate blue countertops. I wouldn't mind slate or marble, but I'm also the person who is looking at retro ranges which are sky high in price. I'd like a decent size pantry, a long counter for baking and appliance storage(maybe I can get a slab of marble there) and maybe a place for my cookbooks. I can't wait to bring my 1960 kitchen into this century.

3comments:

  • At 9:54 AM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Wow, Dianne, what an exciting project to undertake! Our house had a fairly new kitchen when we bought it, but I've been eyeing our bathroom lately. It's a wreck!

     
  • At 11:39 AM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    I am so glad you are finally getting to do what you wanted to! I am looking forward to pictures as you progress.

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger Anna van Schurman said…

    As a new home owner, I'm really interested in kitchen make-overs. Looking forward to reading more.

    Got your message about Longwood. We are thinking of moving the gtg closer to Strawberry Sampler. Would that be better? Could you e-mail me about that, to make communication a little easier. Unless you really aren't interested. That's okay too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS