Monday, January 16, 2006

Thoughtfulness

I think it's nice when people are thoughtful, especially the people who live under your own roof. It sure was nice for Brian to run back and forth to McDonalds, the Chinese take-out, etc while my mom was here (don't have people over when you need to grocery shop), but hey, he had to eat too. I did make a big breakfast for us yesterday though. : ) Brian tends to use my van on the weekends for all these short trips. I was a bit peeved when I got in it to take mom home and the gas tank was pointing toward 1/4 tank. Okay, you would think maybe one of those times he had it out, he would drive it to the gas station and get me some gas. He didn't. And guess who wound up in the gusting wind getting gas-yep, me. I told him about it.
Though he did point out he had put his clothes away from the clean laundry basket, he left mine all over the bed. I really didn't feel like putting clothes away when I got home from the cold and grocery shopping and then fixing a fast dinner. What's with guys?
Both of these guys think the weekend is leisure time for them. I don't feel bad at all now about taking a half hour to stitch here and there because of their lack of interest in being thoughtful and getting things done around here.
I've been surrounded by men my entire life. It ain't been easy kids.

1comments:

  • At 5:41 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Mine does laundry, but when he's putting away leftovers (instead of leaving them on the counter for the elves), he'll just chuck it in the fridge, too, often without even bothering to cover/wrap it. sigh....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS