Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Unfortunate but it comes with age

Mom just told me tonight that my uncle's wife is going in assisted living. Her three daughters (his stepdaughters) came over to talk to him tonight and he agreed to it. My aunt is in the hospital now! My uncle got out Friday and then my aunt couldn't breath right (she has asthma) because of a bad cough. She's been in the hospital all week. My uncle went to visit her, but he is weak and had to be pushed in a wheelchair. They've been married since 1959 (a few days after my arrival), so it's going to be traumatic. She doesn't know where she is half the time.
~Update~
Now my mom says that my aunt may only be in the assisted living faculty until she is better. The doctor told my uncle that my aunt isn't very healthy-one thing is she has a tumor on one of her kidneys. She's 90, so maybe there could be worse things. Heck, I have tumors (fibroids) and I am about half her age.


1comments:

  • At 2:40 AM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Dianne, I am so sorry to read about this. How sad. My grandparents were in different nursing homes in different towns for the last years of their lives and I've always thought that was such a tragedy.

    Take care.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS