Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Adorable Cape May design

While going through my xs freebie newsletter, I found Valentine's Stitchery. I was so excited to find this design:

This is a xs rendering of Cape May, NJ one of my favorite spots on earth. So I looked around the different places suggested by the designer to buy it and I couldn't find it. I then wrote to the designer, Nicole who lives in West Chester, PA., a few towns from here. She pointed me in the right direction (my fave LNS had it too, but I decided to order it online). She says she drew the design while sitting on the beach. To get this view, you'd have to be in the ocean, I had to chuckle to myself. My grandparents honeymooned in Cape May back in about 1921. I love nostalgia.

4comments:

  • At 2:51 AM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    This is a gorgeous design!!

     
  • At 11:25 PM, Blogger BeckySC said…

    Hi Dianne :)
    Glad you located it..
    My Sister in law would love that design :) I have purchased more lighthouses (yep the expensive ones) for gifts for her b-day's and christmas...she is a fanatic about them :) She visits them yearly.
    I have YET to stitch her one though :)

    Thanks for sharing :)

     
  • At 2:30 AM, Blogger Nancy in IL said…

    Ohhhh, Dianne... I can see why you love it. It has that simplicity of our favorite designer, and being one of your favorite places, it's very special! Can't wait to see yours! Congrats on finding this little jewel.

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Blogger Anna van Schurman said…

    I love how the ocean is swirly. I have a thing about spirals.

    Knowing you live in my general area, I wanted to make sure you saw this: http://stitchbitch.blogspot.com/2006/01/invitation.html

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS