Saturday, October 15, 2005

Shopping with Sean

Another dismal day here. We only have seen sun for minutes at a time for over a week. It's depressing. What do you do when you are depressed (besides eating?) You go shopping! Yesterday I went shopping at a Tuesday morning store looking for birthday things for Sean. I found a few things, but a great find was kitchen stuff for my Katrina box for 60-75% off! I was so happy. I am including a pretty oven mit and dish towel set and a few sandwich plates with butterflies as decorations (along with more stuff!). I am glad I can send new things. So as I was looking around in TM, I happen to recognize a lady I went to high school with. I didn't say anything to her, but she looked exactly the same. Brian says I should say something, but I don't as I am afraid they won't recognize me. So Carol Ackerman C., I saw you in Hockessin on the 13th and saw your old pal Cathy Simms L. in AC Moore about 3 weeks ago!
Sean was looking for Penn State clothing and we decided to go to Dick's down in Delaware. (Before we hit the road, Sean went to Wawa and got us lunch-some shortie hoagies). They didn't have anything there, so he picked out some things from Old Navy. I got a pretty silk chartreuse top and mauve top for myself. Then I went into AC Moore and picked up a few of the DMC linen flosses to add to my collection plus some Halloween goodies for the kids.
We decided to go to The Olive Garden. 4:30 is a great time to go as you get seated and waited on right away. We love the big bowl of salad, the garlicky breadsticks, the peach ice tea and of course their yummy pasta. I got Brian take-out from there.
We hit Kohl's and I could have done damage in there with their 75% off rack. I didn't have enough time to 'really' look, but I got a few things and some marked down sterling silver jewelry. We went over to Barnes and Noble so I could look for an UK Digital Photography magazine for Brian. I ended up not getting the correct one, but I also got a cute issue of Crazy for Cross Stitch because of the little Halloween and Christmas designs included. I got a novel recommended from an online group called 'Angry Housewives eating Bon-bons' by Lorna Landvik. I never paid over $10 for a novel-well, not lately. I happened to see something I wanted for my birthday-'Wicked' about the life and times of the Wicked Witch of the West-I love Oz. There's a broadway play about it.
So, the Sports Authority had a few Penn State things-all too big or small. We figure they are picked over because the team is 8th in collegiate football right now. It was nice to spend some time with Sean. I see where he gets the shopping bug from!

Technorati Tags:
, ,

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS