Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I will miss this nice weather

It's not Indian summer until you have a frost and then it warms up again, correct?
Last night I was actually watering the flowers. They still look nice and I can't let them get wilted-not yet. I picked the remaining 3 eggplants-they were 'minis'-they never got bigger than 5 inches long. I also picked an armful of green tomatoes. I fried up some of the two veggies and we ate them with some pasta and shrimp last night.
Tonight we got pizza and salad take-out because Bri won the football pool! Yes!
I keep forgetting about the moonflowers. They are too far away from the house. Next year, if I plant them, they are going in closer to a window. One year they did excellent sprawling all around the mailbox! But for me to go and see them where they are now is like trampling through a bombfield of exploded chestnut burrs. I still hate those trees!
My Breck bulbs came yesterday! Urghh!! I complained through email about a week ago as to where they were and they emailed me back and said, 'they are coming from the Netherlands' and to expect them around the 15th of October! Zoey got her bulbs (she ordered some of the same ones) a few weeks after she placed her order. I feel my order was expedited because of my email.
Speaking of email-isn't it a good thing? Sean was just saying he needed to interview two people for an English assignment and he emailed them. When I had to interview people in college, we either went to see them in person or wrote them a 'snail mail'.
I did pretty good with eBay this past week. I mailed off a bunch of things today. No bids yet on my little Halloween pillows. They do look cuter in person.
Bad girl: I ate Tastykake chocolate krimpets while watching 'The Biggest Loser'. : (
'The Amazing Race' went to York, PA, Washington, DC and on to Virginia. Not Gettysburg as I predicted. Geez, they are following places where we go on vacation. I wonder if they were in DC on a Sunday morning? It didn't look too busy on the streets. I've been to that city enough times to know how terrible congested it can get there. Di trivia-when I was in 5th grade and sitting on the tour bus,I saw Ted Kennedy walk by and was one of the only kids who knew who he was. My mom liked the Kennedys a lot.


Technorati Tags:
, ,

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS