Monday, October 10, 2005

Being in fashion for the fall

I'm not saying I'm a fashion queen, but I do sit up and take notice when they are giving a run down of 'what's in style' on shows like 'The View'. If you are like me, you probably still have some of these styles hanging around. So here goes:
Animal prints
I would stick to maybe a skirt or a scarf not to over do it.
Victorian
Lacy tops with ruffles down the front or velvet. I know someone who never stopped wearing those frilly tops.
Metallic
shoes, bags or tops with accents. Copper looks really pretty.
Here's what 'InStyle' recommends for the 'in look' in the accessory department:
Jet beads
black, shiny beads-they are so cool. I bet you could find some neat vintage jets.
Pom-poms
Not sure about these. They do look cute on the ends of a scarf or hanging from the zipper of a purse.
Chain links
Big links-sorta like what rappers wear. Cute on belts and purses.
Plush velvet
I love anything in velvet. The magazine page shows boots and even a strappy bag in velvet!
Exotic skins
See above-though this page shows snake and crocodile-some faux. I like the python flats.
Fur accents
They are showing lots of bunny fur. I think of my late rabbit Buster. I would have to go for faux.
And also: Anything embellished (we stitchers like this idea!), mini bags (so compact and adorable), stacked heels(I remember these from the 1970s-wonder if they are part of my heel pain in my 40s?), long straps on bags, lace-up shoes (perfect with the Victorian look), fedora hats (cool), wide belts, boxy bags and last but not least bold jewelry-big ol' everything!

On another 'The View' show a woman was saying that Loreal, the make-up company owns Lancome and Maybelline too. I thought that buying from the Lancome counter at Macys was so sophisticated. I could be buying stuff from Walmarts and using my gift certificates for other things!

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS