Saturday, October 08, 2005

Rainy day Saturday

It's one of those humid-too warm for October days and it's been raining since last night. We need the rain, so I'm not complaining, I love a good rain. I use to walk in the rain with no umbrella when I was little. My newly planted bulbs are getting a good soaking, but hope not too soggy a one.
A local auxiliary had a book sale last night and today. If you can wait until the next day you get a bag of books for $5. We hemmed and hawed and finally went over around 12:45 (they close the doors at 2). This time they provided the bags-not paper but plastic. I noticed a lot of the same books from last time, but I did get a flowers and trees of Hawaii paperback-just for the gorgeous photos. I may never get there, but at least I'll be able to name the greenery of the state!
Brian got a bag of old lps. He's listening to The Moody Blues right now-Days of Future Past. That group was a favorite of a friend of mine in high school.
Sean is seeing some of his old high school buds this afternoon. Jeff is down from Cornell. Billy is home from a tech school in Lancaster. They are going to visit Scott at the University of Delaware for a few hours.
Guess I will pay some bills and stitch a bit. No cleaning for me today! I went through a whole grocery bag of old papers yesterday. We do need groceries-that's another option. I don't know where the food goes in a week when only 3 people live here!

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS