Wednesday, October 05, 2005

28 bulbs later

Those Breck bulbs better be so worth it! My head nearly exploded after digging 28 holes-half 6" deep. It had to be near 80 degrees in October to boot. I took a few breaks, but when I was almost finished covering the last 8 bulbs, I had to come in and really let myself cool down. I guess that was a lot to plant in super dry dirt, but I wanted to get the job out of the way. Oh, what I planted-the 5 blue allium and 8 giant red tulips along with some daffodils and hyacinths I dug up from an old garden area. I don't think I can do all that digging again unless I have help or it's cooler out. Makes sense doesn't it? I even took my blood pressure because my pulse was so fast and it was fine but my pulse was like 105. It normally is 83. I do feel better now.
Sean has to go to a 4:30 showing of 'Hotel Rowanda' at school. He's reading the book associated with the movie. I said he should have rented it, but he wanted to be there for the question and answer session afterwards.
He was nice enough to take my mom to an office to get one of her benefit cards that she had lost. It was an 1.5 hour wait in a not so nice area. I sure hope mom isn't contagious anymore. The cold seems to have settled in her chest a bit.
I got a phone call from the bus company that takes my father-in-law to Atlantic City. When I saw the name on the caller ID, I was startled a bit. My f-i-l called them to ask them to call us because he was going to be later coming home tonight. He needs a cellphone!
Tonight they moved Martha-the Apprentice to 9 right when Lost is on. It was nice to have her on at 8 and then switch over to Lost. Darn!
Technorati Tags:
,
,

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS