Thursday, October 06, 2005

We're going to the Grand Opera House!


While listening to my favorite radio station-WJBR, 99.5, I heard that Linda Eder was coming to Wilmington, DE. That's where the Grand Opera House is. I mentioned to Brian I wouldn't mind seeing her as an early birthday gift and he said 'if you want to'. He happened upon a brochure at work for the GOH and I decided to go ahead and order the tickets tonight. We are going on Oct. 15th. If you don't know who Linda Eder is, well she is not only a singer but a Broadway actress. She played Lucy in Jekyll & Hyde. She's recorded a number of albums and I have a few of them. She is on the order of Barbra Streisand. The first time I saw her was on 'The Rosie O' Donnell Show' and I loved her voice. It should be a treat.
Now get this-tonight I didn't feel like cooking so we got Taco Bell/KFC. I got out my entertainment.com coupon book and we got B1G1F on Border combos. I was flipping through the rest of the book and wasn't there a Grand Opera House coupon- B1G1F for a show!! I called 'just to see' if maybe I could use it and it was too late. Bri, who is really going to the show for me wasn't thrilled. So I am on a mission to use $45 worth of coupons from the same book by November 1st when most of them expire to make up for me not looking in the book first. Live and learn.
Footnote from Linda's site: Aside from music and motherhood, Linda has a lifelong love of animals. She's taking it a step further with "Trail MIX," a new primetime television special she created and is hosting for Animal Planet. The show, Trail MIX, teams host Linda with other celebrities who share her passion for horses. "I can sit all day long with another horse person," she says. "For me, this is pure fun."
She also just released a CD dedicated to the songs of Judy Garland. I'll have to get that one (Oz is one of my favorite movies).

2comments:

  • At 11:56 AM, Blogger Sandy said…

    I have never heard of her but if she is a horse person she has got to be a great lady! Have a great time!

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    I didn't know Linda was a horse person myself! Not sure when her show will on Animal Planet, but watch for it.
    Also, go to Amazon or CDnow and check out Linda's singing voice.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS