Wednesday, February 09, 2005

It's so hard...

Dieting in the wintertime is for the birds. We all seek comfort foods while house bound. The ediets has some great ideas for meal plans, but the frozen entries I've been eating are made for birds! There's nothing there. I can see why they supplement them with salad. It's worse when you get one when the picture on the box looks so pretty and the food inside doesn't come close to what's displayed on the box. It's scary! I have been trying. Ok, yesterday was 'Fat Tuesday' so we got hoagies for dinner. I ate half and it was a roast beef with a piece of provolone and a teaspoon of coleslaw. Capriotti's hoagies are like homemade. Sean was smart, he got tuna and took half of his for lunch today. No meat on Ash Wednesday.
I think our downfall here is starches. Pasta, rice, noodles and bread. I was watching Food Network and the chef said to replace a starch with another veggie, so you have two large veggie servings.
My main goal is to try and get up to Curves. We have one less than a mile away. I am a private person who doesn't like to really exercise with others. But exercise has helped me tremendously in the past. It may help my achy joints. And their magazine is called 'diane'. Think it's an omen? Getting motivated here! Wish me luck.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS