Saturday, October 09, 2004

Martha! Martha! Martha!

Geez, never thought I'd see the day when Ms. Martha gets sent to the slammer. She is all over the news as she is now in 'Camp Cupcake' as they call the West Virginia prison that is now home to her for the next 5 months. All this for a measly 40K out of her millions. It's rather greedy. But I love her omnimedia, darn it! Martha gained popularity right when I was a new homemaker and wife. I wanted to be just like her. She is from Nutley, NJ which is a small town. She didn't have money back then, but was in the top 10% of her high school class. Her entire persona is 'adopted'. (My mom use to say that about Grace Kelly too-who was from Philly and acquired a very preppy manner of speaking, though her daughter Stephanie could be from South Philly from her manner of speaking).
Martha Stewart Living is one of the best magazines ever. I have almost every issue from the beginning. My subscription stopped once and I really missed it. I still think a lot of the 'other' shows try to copy her show. She is definitely the Martha everyone knows by her first name. Wonder what she will be allowed to do with her prison cell to make it more 'homey'? At least Rosie O'Donnell is sticking beside her. Good luck MS.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS