Sunday, October 03, 2004

Indian Summer Sunday?

Not sure if that applies, but since it's fall now and it's a nice day, it reminds me of a day in summer. I was out trying to enjoy the weather a bit. I had the cat on his harness which he is very good about. We were on the back patio and I am starting to gather my garden decorations so I can clean them off and pack them away for next year. My yard is in good shape this year. I worked hard at maintaining it. I stopped weeding, but things still are blooming and look decent. I promised my friend in Arizona some freshly dried herbs for her retro spice jars.
My mom did a disappearing act on all of us yesterday. I knew she was going to a local yearly fair, but when I couldn't get in touch with her all afternoon and my uncle and brother hadn't heard from her either, I got panicky. She couldn't be reached for over 6 hours. Turns out she left the fair and went to a Farmer's Market that isn't even near the fair. I had the phonebook out at 5:15 to call the police to ask about accident reports. We tried for the 15th time around 5:20 and Jim the boarder answered the phone. I was in tears with him and really hung up on him. Mom called back and I told her how pissed off I was. She was embarrassed and I feel bad I made her that way, but I love her and was worried to death about her. That definitely aggravated my cold and I am worst today as is my sore neck. Darn, what to finish my painting and decorating. It's been over 2 weeks since I've painted in the family room. I can see my piles diminishing though. Why did I have to be such a pack rat and marry one too?

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS