Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Tuesday ticking down

It's after 11 pm and I just grabbed about 4 of my houseplants off the front step as there's a frost advisory tonight. Another short warm season for us in the northeast. I'm getting over a virus and it's in the postnasal drip stage, lucky me. I feel like I do in February instead of this time of year.
I dug up some 'wild begonias' to send to a friend in New York. I had to cut most of the flower part off as they had grown about 2-3 feet! I added some gourds that I had grown a few years back because I know A is crafty.
After I mailed some things off I went to the grocery store. Now I have the option of going to 1 of 4 supermarkets in a 5 mile range, with 2 of them being about 1 mile away. I usually pick one of these as I am lazy. The one I went to today has Patricia Heaton as its spokeswoman (Acme/Albertson). There were mostly old ladies in there today. It's like this a lot of times. Only a few of them have their husbands. I saw this one lady who use to work in Jamesway (long gone) and I recognized her by her back hump. That is sad, let me tell you. And you know its an effort for them to get out, yet they only have a couple of items in their carts. This year I feel for them more than anything as everything I do that is strenous is either hurting my feet or arms or back. This is bit scary for me as a past Lyme Disease sufferer. And more than anything, it's watching how much pain my mom was and is in this past year. Is this what I have to look forward to? I sure hope in the next 30 yrs there are miraculous cures for people who suffer with daily pain.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS