Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Tribe.net

I found tribe.net through a blog I read once in a while. It's a pretty neat site and you have to invite people with the same interests to be pals. There tons of tribes, some like recipe exchange to the other extreme of being erotic. I am not in it for the later, no thank you. I joined a left handed group and I hate to tell you what they were talking about. Yes, it had to do with doing something with your hands in private. If they keep it up, I'm going to another tribe. I joined on Sunday and have about 4 friends now. I think it's neat to be able to do all these things on the internet. Tribe is also good for selling things in your area, recommending restaurants, group meetings etc. I think I will be a lurker a while. My one pal said she has met half of her 150 pals! Maybe many are from the same area. I have met a few of my online pals IRL (in real life) over the years. Most I have talked to on the phone. Where I live there isn't many ways to meet people except through church and volunteer work. I tried the church choir group and they didn't want to be friendly IRL that much. We went to each other's houses which was nice. With the school, I was always helping out teachers etc. I was even in the PTO (org here) as the corresponding secretary one year. After elementary school, I wasn't needed anymore. I try to think that all that volunteering helped Sean but lead to not making any money for me. I did make some money about 8 yrs ago through a lady I met at the school through another lady who was a friend. I hand-painted stenciled 'Welcome' slates for many months-did about 400 of them if not more. I think a job may actually do me good to get me out of the house once in a while.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS