Saturday, October 02, 2004

Saturday sorting and purging

I got 2 large plastic boxes yesterday-hooray! Right after I got up this morning and had my tea and French toast, I started to load VHS tapes into one of them. Then I started pulling tapes out of the coffee table (bought for it's cavernous storage underneath). I found some tapes to share with my niece and nephew (hopefully they will forget to give them back-lol) and then my organizational skills kicked in and I separated all the Titanic tapes, Harrison Fords, etc into piles. One of the piles is work-out videos of all kinds-yeah from Jack Lalaine (LOL) to Cheryl Ladd slipping and sliding on a mat thingie. I do enjoy my Richard Simmons tapes, so I did keep them. When I ran into the ones that said 'Sean at pop-pop's house 1990' and 'Our Wedding 1984', that pulled at my heartstrings. I'd hate to lose them. I should put them in my cabinet in the living room closer to the door. I opened the closet door in the family room and that is a mess in there with more videos!!!
My mom went to a church fair down near the 'main line' of Philly today. I try to go once in a while, but it's an hour away and if you don't go right when they open, everything gets picked over. It's like an elephant stampede to rush to the book tent or the knick-knacks. The people who donate have some money, so it's a popular fair. Every year they have 100s (maybe thousands by now) of people come and they charge an admission which is getting steep-like $5 a person to walk around and then buy their donated stuff! I overheard someone there about 15 yrs ago say they made 90K from it-that's only in 6 hours! With all the moola,you'd think they would get the white elephant tables out of the old horse stalls and get some bigger, nicer smelling tents. Most of the time you can't move from one table to the next. They run out of food early too. I wonder where all the money is going? The main reason I use to go is for my auction sales. After last year, it wasn't worth me going again this year. I use to go there when I was a little kid too.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS