Thursday, October 07, 2004

IF meme for Thursday

If you were to choose the single most joyous thing about life, what would it be?
Sounds like a loaded question to me. The most joyous (feeling of happiness) thing-being a mother? a daughter? a wife? a sister? a neighbor? a salesperson? I have to say that being pregnant and finally being a mom has to be it. I have always wanted to be a mom since I hugged my first Thumbelina baby doll. (If you grew up in the 60s you know about that doll). I just wanted to mother people my entire life. Sean's a great kid and I can't believe he's almost 18 (on the 24th). I love almost everything about him, though I will cuss him out when I don't like anything too self-centered that comes out of his mouth. But that dear little boy, my only child with the pacifier has shot up so fast and on the verge of manhood. It's not fair. I only got one, but a good guy. Thanks God. : )
I've had a weird day. My uncle is not well. He had a procedure to quarterize his bladder and it didn't work. He's 81 yrs old and like a dad to me. He's helped my mom so much over the years I can't tell you how much. To see him going through this is crushing us. They will try another procedure and if that doesn't work, he will lose his bladder. This happened because of radiation he had for prostate cancer. We feel so bad for him. Now it's a waiting game.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS