Friday, October 08, 2004

More than you can handle

My mom always says this to me when I am down, 'the Lord never gives you more than you can handle'. I guess I agree somewhat as these are comforting words. But tell that to the parent who is watching a child slowly dying from cancer. In these situations, the parent or parents must be really strong people. I was just reading a note from parents thanking the 'Make A Child Smile' webmistress (and group) for their only child's (daughter) grave marker. I guess you have to look at the whole picture to get by and cope. They were grateful for their little girl, even the short length of time she had on this earth.
I do believe I come from strong stock. My maternal great grandmom watched her oldest and very longed for child die from pneumonia at age 7. She had 3 or 4 other children, but this must have been heartbreaking. My late grandmom could remember viewing her big sister at rest in her coffin holding a handful of daisies.
Most of us learn that life goes on and we have to take the punches and get on with it. I like to say 'live each day one day at a time'. Deal with today and tomorrow will hopefully be better.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS